Buckinghamshire Dementia Action Alliance
The Buckinghamshire Dementia Action Alliance is made up of organisations and services that operate across the county who are joining together and committing to make Buckinghamshire more Dementia-Friendly.
Three areas across the county will pilot becoming more Dementia-Friendly. These are Stokenchurch, Great Missenden and Buckingham. A toolkit will be created using the experience of the first three communities, and this will then be used to encourage other areas across the county to work towards becoming more Dementia-Friendly.
- Support local communities to work together and respond more positively towards those individuals living with dementia or memory impairments.
- Increase public awareness and understanding of dementia and memory impairments and how it affects a person’s ability to complete daily activities.
- Better support individuals living with dementia and memory impairments to continue accessing services, facilities and activities safely and confidently.
- Enable people living with dementia and memory impairments to remain independent for longer and have more choice and control over their lives.
- Encourage people with dementia and memory impairments and their carers to seek help and support.
How to Join:
Please contact Buckinghamshire County Council if you want to know more about joining the Buckinghamshire Dementia Action Alliance.
Tel: 01296 387821
- Alzheimer's Society, Buckinghamshire
- Avondale Care Home
- Aylesbury Town Council
- Aylesbury Vale and Chiltern Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Aylesbury Waterside Thetare, Ambassador Theatre Group
- Bluebird Care (Slough, South Bucks & South Wycombe)
- Buckingham Lodge Care Home
- Buckingham Town Council
- Buckinghamshire County Council
- Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Buckinghamshire Mind
- Bucks Service User and Carer Organisation (SUCO)
- Carers Bucks
- Chiltern District Council
- Hawthornden Surgery
- Heatherwood and Wexham Park Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Home Instead Senior Care Hemel Hempstead & The Chilterns
- Horses Helping People
- John Hampden Surgery
- Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Skipton Building Society Chesham
- South Bucks District Council
- South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Stokenchurch Medical Centre
- The Fremantle Trust
- The Practice plc. - Prospect House
- Wendover Dementia Friendly Alliance