Dementia Friendly East Herts Action group
Name of Group: Dementia Friendly East Herts Action Group
Purpose/Role of Group:
The purpose of the group will be to provide a platform to work in partnerships to s develop dementia-friendly communities in East Herts. Working in partnership across different organisations this group hopes to tackle the challenges associated with people living with dementia in East Herts and their carers.
The objective of the group is to develop pro-active guidelines and actions that work to keep people living with Dementia and their carers ‘well’ and active.
The group needs to consider incorporating a Dementia Action Alliance into the group’s responsibilities. If this action is agreed,
- East Herts Council;
- Alzheimer’s Society;
- Herts County Council;
- Age UK
- Garden House Solicitors
- Cross Road Cares
- CDA Herts;
- CVS Herts;
- Police service;
- Fire and rescue service;
- Health Watch
- Care Homes – Oakdale Care homes, Bentley House
- Domiciliary Care - Home Instead Senior Care
- Hertfordshire Independent Living Service (HILS)
The group hopes to recruit individuals from the community who are living with Dementia or carers looking after someone living with Dementia.
Accountability: All activities should be reported back to East Herts Health & Wellbeing Officers Group.
The group will review the relevance and value of its work and the terms of reference every 12 months or as appropriate
Meetings will be held every 6 to 8 weeks. Non-members are welcome to attend the meetings, and will be invited to do so if they are required for the discussion of a particular agenda item.
The Community wellbeing Programme Officer for East Herts Council will be the group convener and organise the meetings and generate/circulate the agenda and minutes.
Chair will be rotating from the organisations represented.
Priorities for the EHC Dementia Friendly Working Group:
- Register as recognised as Dementia Friendly Communities
- Improve partnership working locally
- Improve early identification and support for people with dementia
- Proactively raise awareness of dementia across the district and encourage and support a dementia friendly community in East Herts
- Improve access to information
- Enhance digital inclusion, particularly for older people
These priorities will work alongside the following DAA priorities:
- Ensuring the right local structure is in place
- Identifying person/people to take responsibility and leadership
- Produce an Action Plan
- Develop a strong voice for people with dementia in the community
- Raise profile of work
- Focus plans on key areas identified locally
- Have systems in place for review and evaluation
Please contact Mekhola Ray if you want to know more about joining the Dementia Friendly East Herts Working Group.
- CDA Herts
- Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North West and East
- East and North Hertfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group
- East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust
- East Herts Council
- East Herts District Council
- Hertfordshire Police
- Hertfordshire Trading Standards
- Home Instead Senior Care East Herts and Uttlesford