Eastbourne Dementia Action Alliance
The members of the Eastbourne Dementia Action Alliance aim to transform the quality of life of people with dementia and their carers through delivering on their action plans. The area covered by the Eastbourne Dementia Action Alliance will be Eastbourne, Hailsham and Seaford to match the current Clinical Commissioning Group area.
The Eastbourne Dementia Action Alliance aims to transform the quality of life of people with dementia and their carers through this partnership and the delivery of their action plans
- To make Eastbourne a dementia friendly and accessible place for people with dementia to live and visit.
- To enable people with dementia to live the life they want to live.
- To encourage organisations to become part of the Eastbourne Dementia Action Alliance. To bring people together as allies to support, encourage and inform the commercial, residential and voluntary communities in Eastbourne about dementia and memory loss.
- To recognise the diversity of organisations needed to support people with dementia and their carers in Eastbourne.
- To identify future opportunities, sharing of resources and working in partnership, including understanding the impact of improving support for people living with dementia and their carers.
- To recognise the contribution that people with dementia and their carers can offer to the wellbeing of the town.
- To share information among members, encourage collaboration, and promote examples of good practice.
- To work towards co-ordinating dementia-related improvement activities in Eastbourne, building on and celebrating local good practice.
- To raise awareness and reduce stigma of dementia through learning and support networks, thereby promoting inclusion.
- To maintain constant contact with the Dementia Forum in respect of research and sharing information
Terms of Reference:
The next meeting will be held on Thursday 21 May 2015, 9.30 – 11.30