Arts and Leisure in West Cheshire DAA
- Monday 22 February 2016
- Arts, Recreation
- Awareness raising, Culture, Dementia Friendly Activities, Leisure
- Case study
- Local Alliances:
- Cheshire West
- North West
- Participating organisations:
- Cheshire West and Chester Libraries, Cheshire West Dementia Action Alliance, Chester Voluntary Action
Chester Voluntary Action and Cheshire Museums have collaborated to set up a dementia friendly pop up 1940s café.
Cheshire West and Chester Libraries:
- Books on Prescription for Dementia Scheme.
- Creative writing workshops for people with dementia, ‘Living Words, Living Well’.
- Reminiscence sessions & Memory boxes – Neston Library
- Reminiscence coffee morning in Sandiway Library.
- Pictures to Share photographs in Ellesmere Port Library.
- Working with the DAA member Snowangels to update Reminiscence Boxes and re-brand as Cheshire Memories - The new boxes will be launched in January.
- Working with Cheshire Performs on events during the Chester Literature Festival, where people will be invited to drop off their memories in return for a poem.
- Library staff who are Dementia Friends Champions will be holding Dementia Friends Sessions for library staff and volunteers in Chester, Ellesmere Port, Northwich, Winsford and Wharton Libraries during.