Exeter City Football Club
- Exeter City Football Club is a professional Football Club currently in League Two of the English Football League. - Established in 1901, the Club’s home, St James Park, is situated in the heart of the community of Exeter. - On average 4000 fans attend matches but also many others use and visit the Club for meetings or events on non matchdays. - The Club has a huge number of followers and fans based all over the world
- 1 June 2016
- South West
- Recreation, Hospitality, Education Sector
- Local Alliances:
- Exeter Dementia Action Alliance (EDAA)
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
1. Staff Training
We will deliver staff training so they are able to recognise and be aware of the signs of Dementia and associated issues.
2. Raising Awareness and Understanding
Using the Club’s various outlets (ie website, social media, newsletter), to raise awareness about Dementia with our fans and followers.
3. Designated Match With a Dementia Theme
Work with the Supporters Trust and Community team to identify a first team match which will have a Dementia theme, once the fixtures have been announced.
4. Introduce Dementia Friendly Signage at the Ground
As part of the ground redevelopment and general improvements to be made at the ground, we aim to introduce Dementia friendly signage wherever possible.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
We need to deliver training to raise staff awareness of Dementia issues and to ensure projects are delivered correctly.