Clifton House and Nook Group Practice
Clifton House and Nook Group Practice is a GP practice with responsibility for approx. 4,526 patients within Huddersfield and surrounding area. We provide the healthcare, support and guidance for everyone registered with Clifton House and Nook Group Practice, and as a membership practice of NHS Greater Huddersfield Clinical Commissioning Group (GHCCG) we are striving towards supporting patients to live longer, happier and healthier lives.
- 11 October 2015
- Yorkshire and Humber
- Health, Clinical Commissioning Group, Medical
- Local Alliances:
- Kirklees Dementia Action Alliance, Yorkshire & Humber Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists seven outcomes that the DAA are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
The simplest and most effective way for Clifton House and Nook Group practice to make a difference, is to increase awareness of dementia within all our practice staff via Dementia Friends.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
The biggest challenge for Clifton House and Nook Group Practice is time. By Clifton House and Nook Group Practice working in partnership across GHCCG, with other health and social care providers in Kirklees, we hope to be able to make steady progress in improving what we do with all patients.
Improve our understanding of Dementia
- Clifton House and Nook Group Practice will encourage all practice staff to watch the Dementia Friends film at www.dementiafriends.org.uk to become a dementia friend
- For those who are interested to know more, we will encourage staff to participate in the eLearning resources at www.scie.org.uk/publications/elearning/
Raise awareness of dementia
As staff become Dementia Friends by watching the video or attending a session we will encourage them to proudly wear their badge.
Working alongside our GHCCG member practices, and other colleagues, organisations and individuals within Kirklees, Clifton House and Nook Group Practice will review and reflect on how further changes and improvements might be made for the benefit of all patients.