Heather and Lay Estate Agents, Falmouth
- 13 March 2014
- South West
- Local Alliances:
- Falmouth Dementia Action Alliance
1. Action Plan
1. The National Dementia Declaration lists a number of outcomes that we are seeking to achieve for people with dementia and their carers. How would you describe your organisation’s role in delivering better outcomes for people with dementia and their carers?
- Improving staff awareness and understanding of dementia, thereby having a good customer service ethos and training for our staff.
- Have a willingness to respond to the individual’s needs and help/support them when we can and it is reasonable for us to do so.
2. What are the challenges to delivering these outcomes from the perspective of your organisation?
- Lack of knowledge amongst our staff/community
- We often deal with people with dementia and their families requiring a property to be sold - staff training is understandably important.
Training and awareness raising for all 18 staff