Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Dementia Action Alliance
The Leicestershire DAA is made up of various organisations from across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland all with the same aim, to improve the lives of people living with dementia and their carers. The Leicestershire DAA has been looking at the role of the dementia champion across Leicestershire and is now promoting 'dementia friends'. The local alliance has developed a terms of reference for new and existing members, when joining the local alliance an organisation agrees to the following
- Recognising the diversity of organisations needed to support people with dementia and their carers in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- Encouraging organisations to become part of the Leicestershire dementia action alliance.
- Working towards dementia friendly communities.
- Identifying and working with dementia champions.
- Sharing of information and networking amongst members.
- Identifying future work, sharing of resources and working in partnership.
The Leicestershire DAA is chaired jointly by Bev White from Leicester City Council and Lynne Woodward from Leicestershire Police. The two chairs are working together to support the local alliance and to ensure it is working towards the aims outlined above and in the terms of reference.
- 16th February 2017
- 6th June 2017
- 13th September 2017
- 30th November 2017
10.00am-2.00pm Main Conference Room Leicestershire Police HQ Enderby
(Please note for security reasons members must confimation their attendance prior to the meetings)
Leicestershire Police have kindly offered a meeting room for all of the 2015 - 2016 Leicestershire DAA meetings.
The next DAA bulletin will be a special edition which will include reflection, stories and photos to celebrate the week. Members are therefore requested to send any updates to email@example.com before the 8th June ‘ 16.
Dementia Awareness week activity (15th -21st May 2016)
- The local alliance has increased its membership to 17 members that have signed up to the DAA and produced action plans.
- The local alliance has received additional funding through local membership to allow activity across the county in dementia awareness week.
- The local alliance has looked at various models of dementia champions and has been able to share information and best practice amongst members.
- The local members have used existing relationships in the county to promote the local DAA and increase membership.
How to Join the Leicestershire DAA
Any organisation that operates in Leicester,Leicestershire and Rutland and wants to radically change the lives of people living with dementia can become a member of the DAA and get involved locally. To join the DAA please complete an action plan. The commitment we then ask from members is to attend quarterly meetings, report quarterly on their actions and get involved in the local work of the alliance. We also ask members for inkind contributions including room hire, administrative support and refreshments.
Telephone: 01522 692681
- Age UK
- Age UK Leicester Shire and Rutland
- Age UK Oadby and Wigston
- Alzheimers Society Leicestershire and Rutland
- Barchester Healthcare
- Beauty and Utility Arts
- Blaby District Council
- Charnwood Surgery
- Community Dental Services CIC
- Country Cousins
- Dementia Companion Service
- East Leicestershire and Rutland CCG
- East Midlands Care Ltd
- Health Watch Rutland
- Highcross (Hammerson)
- Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council
- Kibworth Medical Centre
- Leicester City Clinical Commissioning group
- Leicester City Council
- Leicestershire Police
- Melton Borough Council
- Skills for Care (Northamptonshire , Leicestershire and Warwickshire)
- The Emerald Centre
- University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
- Urban Edge Architecture