Redditch and Bromsgrove Dementia Action Alliance
Local alliance information
Help us make Redditch and Bromsgrove the leader in Dementia Friendly Communities.
REDDITCH & BROMSGROVE ‘Friends Together’ are a proactive group of people living in Redditch and Bromsgrove who are living well with a diagnosis of dementia. The group meet to support each other and find ways to improve services and attitudes and to make a better, fairer community for us and other people living with dementia in their local communities.
To achieve this, we need to challenge attitudes, understanding and behaviours around dementia which reinforce stigma, isolation and exclusion. We want to inspire local communities, organisations and businesses to become more aware and understanding of dementia, and more inclusive.
We are working with the local authorities, police, places of education, transport, MP’s and candidates, businesses, groups and organisations…the whole community.
Our group feeds directly into the Redditch and Bromsgrove DAA with some of our members attending the local alliance meetings, and as a result we have a big impact on what happens locally.
The main purpose of the group is to build Redditch and Bromsgrove into a Dementia Friendly Community - one of the first steps has been for the group to meet with Karen Lumley MP. As you can see from this article she has totally embraced the idea and has offered the group her full support.
Visit the facebook page 'Redditch Friends Together' to see and hear weekly news from the group and keep track of which organisations have been first to sign up.
How to join the Redditch and Bromsgrove DAA
To become a member of this Local Dementia Action Alliance, organisations sign up to the National Dementia Declaration and submit a short action plan setting out how they will work towards delivering the outcomes outlined in the declaration. Once this has been submitted successfully, the organisation will be considered a member of the Dementia Action Alliance.
Resources such as the National Dementia Declaration and action plan template can be downloaded here, and organisations should use the contact details below to seek guidance or assistance.
Dementia Friendly Communities Officer, West Midlands
- Age UK Bromsgrove, Redditch and Wyre Forest
- Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire
- Alzheimer's Society
- Artrix Arts Centre
- Bromsgrove and Redditch Network (BARN)
- Bromsgrove District Council
- Bromsgrove District Housing Trust
- Bromsgrove Methodist Church Centre
- Bromsgrove, Rubery and Catshill Libraries
- Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service
- Home Instead Senior Care Redditch and Bromsgrove
- Living With Dementia
- Lloyds Bank Bromsgrove
- Lloyds Bank Redditch
- Lorita's Bakehouse
- Redditch Borough Council
- TechSmart Training CIC
- The Gatsby Emporium Ltd
- The Orchestra of The Swan
- Valuing Individual People Ltd
- Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police
- Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
- Worcestershire Association of Carers
- Worcestershire County Council
- Worcestershire Telecare
- Wyre Forest Leisure Centre/Places For People Leisure