Barnet Dementia Action Alliance
Launch date: 11th May 2017 Barnet Dementia Hub contact Patrick.Gray@alzheimers.org.uk for more info.
Barnet has an ethnically and culturally diverse population. There are 4000 people living with dementia in the borough, by 2021 this is set to increase by 24%. It is our ambition to reach out to all communities within the Borough to improve the lives of people living with dementia, and those of their families and carers.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Ensuring that we have a strong voice of people living with dementia and their carers, guiding us throughout our journey.
- Encouraging organisations to see dementia as highly relevant to their business practices and empowering them to take positive action to reduce the stigma and barriers that can confront people with dementia.
- Spreading a better awareness of dementia within the community and dispelling the misconceptions that often exist.
- Encouraging as many people as possible, through the Dementia Friends Initiative, to give consideration as to how they personally might make a contribution towards improving the day to day lives of people with dementia.
Who to Contact:
- Advocacy in Barnet
- Barnet Clinical Commissioning Group
- Barnet dementia Hub
- Barnet Library Service
- Barnet Memory Service
- Christian Action(Enfield ) Housing Association
- Community Care Home Visiting Opticians
- Friend in Need Community Centre
- GLL Barnet
- Home Instead Senior Care Barnet
- Jewish Care, Barnet
- John Lewis
- London Fire Brigade
- Millway Medical Practice
- Phoenix Cinema
- RAF Museum Hendon
- Saracens Sport Foundation
- The Archer
- The Good Care Group
- The Reader
- Tottenham Hotspur Foundation.
- West Hendon Allotment Sciety