Tamworth Dementia Action Alliance
Local alliance information
The Tamworth Dementia Action Alliance is made up of organisations that operate across the town and are working together to make Tamworth a Dementia Friendly Community, and they meet on a bi monthly basis.
Tamworth received recognition as 'Working to become a Dementia Friendly Community' in April 2017!
How to join the Tamworth DAA
To become a member of this Local Dementia Action Alliance, organisations submit a short action plan setting out how they will work towards being more dementia friendly. Once this has been submitted successfully, the organisation will be considered a local member of the Dementia Action Alliance.
To complete and submit your action plan please visit the 'join the alliance' page here. Organisations should use the contact details below to seek guidance or assistance.
Tamworth Borough Council
Dementia Friendly Communities Officer, West Midlands
- Alzheimer's Society
- Community Together CIC
- Dave Owen Cycles
- Heart of England Foundation Trust Charity
- Heart of Tamworth Community Project (HOT)
- Home Instead Senior Care - Lichfield, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield and North Warwickshire
- John Lewis
- Living With Dementia
- Parish of Wigginton - St. Leonard’s Church & Spital Chapel of St. James
- Peel Medical Practice
- Sainsbury’s Tamworth
- Samaritans Tamworth
- South East Staffordshire and Seisdon Peninsula Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- St Giles Hospice
- Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Staffordshire Police
- Support Staffordshire Tamworth
- Tamworth Borough Council
- Tamworth Hockey, Cricket and Squash Club and Tamworth Old Players Society (TOPS)
- TechSmart Training CIC
- The Federation of Heathfields Infant and Wilnecote Junior School
- The Gatsby Emporium Ltd
- The Rotary Club of Tamworth Anker
- Uprising Leadership