Norwich City Dementia Action Alliance
Norwich is a diverse and thriving city, with different needs to the wider county of Norfolk. As well as its resident population, employment, tourism and shopping bring a large number of people into the city every day, who will benefit from a raised awareness and support of Dementia Friends.
The Norwich City DAA is made up of organisations who are passionate about raising the profile of Dementia in the city and driving change to make Norwich a more inclusive and friendly city for those people living with dementia and their families.
- Age UK Norwich
- Norwich’s Older People Forum
- Norwich Clinical Commissioning Group
- Cotman Housing
- Norse Care
- Home Instead
- John Lewis
- Norfolk and Norwich Festival
Its principal aims are to:
- People affected by dementia have equality when visiting the city or using its services
- Increase awareness of dementia across the city by recruiting a wide range of organisations and promoting the roll out of Dementia Friends awareness sessions of customer facing staff, volunteers or members.
- Engage the views of people affected by dementia as to their priorities and needs.
- Establish a regular cycle of meetings for its membership, chaired by a committed and active person who can drive forward change in the city.
- Develop a publicity plan to promote the work of the Alliance, its pledges and raise awareness of dementia services in the city.
- Meet the needs for those living with a dementia plus their carers within the Norwich area, sharing best practice of its members and the difference this is making to the city.
- Submit an application for recognition as a community that is “Working to become Dementia Friendly” by March 2018.
- The initial meeting of Norwich City DAA was convened by Age UK Norwich.
- Dementia Development Lead appointed by Age UK Norwich to deliver plans and activity within the city, including the development and coordination of the Norwich City DAA.
- Growth of group membership to include a diverse range of local organisations and sectors.
- Delivery of Dementia Friends Info Sessions/Dementia Awareness trainings
- 22nd June 2016 – Inaugural Meeting
- 7th September 2016 - Steering Group Meeting
- 30 November 2016 - Steering Group Meeting
- 25th January 2017- Public Launch
Then quarterly thereafter, coordinated by Age UK Norwich.
How to join the Norwich City Dementia Action Alliance:
- Age Space
- Age UK Norwich
- Andrew Frederick Adult Support
- Castle Mall Shopping Centre
- Cinema City Norwich
- Clapham & Collinge Solicitors
- Cotman Housing Association
- Deaf Connexions
- East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- East of England Coop
- Greater Anglia
- Home Instead Senior Care
- John Lewis Norwich
- Music Mirrors
- Norfolk & Norwich Festival Trust
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Norfolk and Suffolk Care Support Ltd
- Norfolk Constabulary, Norwich
- Norfolk Museums Service
- Norwich Airport
- Norwich Cathedral
- Norwich City Council
- Norwich Older People's Forum
- Norwich Playhouse
- Norwich Theatre Royal
- Nuffield Health Norwich
- OPEN Youth Trust
- Places for People - Riverside Leisure Centre
- Slow Theatre Company
- The Assembly House
- The Memory Joggers
- The Millennium Library