Hambleton Dementia Action Alliance
Hambleton is a local government district of North Yorkshire, England. The main town and administrative centre is Northallerton, and includes the market towns and major villages of Bedale, Thirsk, Great Ayton, Stokesley and Easingwold
Our aim is to bring individuals and organisations together to reduce stigma and raise understanding of dementia; to enable people living with dementia to continue doing the things that they enjoy within their own community for longer.
To achieve our aim we need to:
- Bring together the whole community in making a difference to those living with dementia.
- Encourage organisations to see dementia as their business and empower them to take action when they have other concerns and priorities.
- Engage in awareness raising activities and education.
- Ensure we have a strong voice for people living with dementia.
It's free to join, in return we ask new members to complete a brief action plan setting out what they can do to make a difference to people living with dementia.
How to Join
Membership in the Alliance is open to any group, organisation or business in Hambleton.
For more information please contact Janet Crampton at email@example.com or call 07540 503030
- Alzheimer's Society - Hambleton & Richmondshire
- Barchester Healthcare
- Boots Opticians
- British Transport Police - North East Region
- Business Support York & North Yorkshire
- Groundwork West & North Yorkshire
- Hambleton & Richmondshire Carers Centre
- Hambleton District Council
- Hambleton, Richmondshire and Whitby Clinical Commissioning Group
- Heart Medical
- Home Instead Senior Care - Darlington
- Husthwaite Village Hall
- North Yorkshire County Council - Health and Adult Services
- North Yorkshire County Council Trading Standards and Planning Services
- North Yorkshire Libraries & Information Service
- North Yorkshire Police
- North Yorkshire Sport Ltd
- The Provincial Grand Lodge of Yorkshire North and East Ridings
- Two Ridings Community Foundation