East Riding Dementia Action Alliance
We have already received some excellent support from organisations across the public, private and voluntary sectiors
Our aim is to work towards a dementia friendly East Riding community where people with dementia are empowered to have high aspirations and to feel confident knowing that they can contribute and participate in activities that are meaningful to them.
By bringing individuals and organisations together to reduce stigma and raise understanding of dementia we will enable people living with dementia to continue doing the things that they enjoy within their own community for longer.
To achieve our aim we need to:
- Bring together the whole community in making a difference to those living with dementia.
- Encourage organisations to see dementia as their business and empower them to take action when they have other concerns and priorities.
- Engage in awareness raising activities and education.
- Ensure we have a strong voice of people living with dementia.
How the Alliance Works
Membership of the Dementia Action Alliance is open to any organisation seeking to make a difference to the quality of life for local people living with dementia.
Member organisations will:
- Commit to gaining at least a basic awareness of dementia, such as undertaking a Dementia Friend’s information session.
- Complete and commit to an Action Plan describing their organisation's role in helping improve the quality of life for people living with dementia and their carers.
- Commit to review actions at least annually and actively embrace a continuous improvement ethos to working towards becoming dementia friendly as our knowledge and understanding of dementia changes over time.
- In return, the East Riding Dementia Action Alliance will:
- Publicly recognise the member organisation’s commitment by including their details on the national Dementia Action Alliance website.
- Keep members updated on dementia awareness resources, information and opportunities, and networking events.
- Provide a nationally recognised Dementia Friendly Community logo that can be displayed by all organisations demonstrating commitment to their action plans.
Contact for further information:
Louise Swingler - Regional Project Manager for the Yorkshire & Humber DAAs
Alzheimer’s Society - Ripon and Harrogate Office
T: 07877 366187
- 24seven Lifestyle Magazine
- 65 Cars
- Access Mobility Beverley
- Age UK East Riding
- Alzheimer's Society - Hull & East Riding
- APS Legal & Associates - Beverley
- Beverley Community Lift
- Beverley Mag
- Beverley Town Council
- Bridlington Town Council
- Burnby Hall Gardens & Museum
- Burton Pidsea Memorial Hall
- Busy Bee
- Butterflies Memory Loss Support Group
- Catherine Richardson – CBR Wealth Management LTD
- Cherry Tree Community Association
- Co-operative Funeralcare
- Costa Coffee - Cottingham
- Dalton Spire Ltd
- Dementia Friendly East Riding (DFER)
- Dove House Hospice
- Dr Hill and Partners – The Beverley Health Centre
- East Riding of Yorkshire Council
- East Riding of Yorkshire Council - Library Service
- East Riding of Yorkshire Council – Customer Services
- East Yorkshire Motor Services Limited
- Eastgate Medical Group (Hornsea)
- ERVAS - East Riding Voluntary Action Services
- Fox Mobility
- Fully Focused Group Limited
- Goole GoFar
- Goole Museum
- Graham Stuart - Member of Parliament for Beverley and Holderness
- Hanover Housing Association - Goulding Court Beverley
- Harrowells Solicitors
- Healthwatch East Riding of Yorkshire
- Heart Medical
- Hedon Group Practice
- Heptonstalls Solicitors LLP
- Heritage Landscape Centre
- HU12 Online
- Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Hull and East Yorkshire Mind
- Hull College
- Humber & Wolds Rural Community Council
- Humber NHS Foundation Trust
- Humberside Fire & Rescue
- Humberside Police Force
- James Legal - Hedon Road Branch
- Just Beverley
- Market Weighton Community Nurses
- New Concept Care and Nursing - nccn
- NHS East Riding of Yorkshire CCG
- NHS Health Trainers – East Riding of Yorkshire
- Pinkney Grunwells - Bridlington
- Rethink Mental Illness Hull and East Yorkshire Carers Service - Beverley
- Seasons Café and Restaurant
- South Holderness Medical Practice
- Springhead Medical Centre (Dr Roper & Partners)
- Springhead Park Golf Club - Groundwork Hull & East Riding
- Stamp Jackson & Procter LLP
- The Wellbeing Centre
- TimeBank Hull and East Riding
- Toll Gavel United Church - Beverley
- Two Ridings Community Foundation
- Waterview Lodge
- willerby methodist church
- Wolds View Practice
- Yorkshire Ambulance Service
- Yorkshire Building Society Group
- Yorkshire Mobility