Living Well with Young Onset Dementia
- Event Date:
- Wednesday 12 March 2014
- Ashford Business Point, Waterbrook Ave, Sevington, Ashford, Kent, TN24 0LH
“Perspectives from People and Services” is a national conference for health and social care professionals with an interest in younger people with dementia. It may also be of interest to people living with YOD and their families.
It was conceptualised as a more psychosocially orientated alternative to recent conferences that had a more medical and diagnostic perspective.
The conference aims to:
- Explore in depth the experience of people living with different forms of YOD and their families
- Showcase ways of living well with YOD
- Give an overview of specialist needs of younger people living with dementia
- Bring together nationally dispersed examples of good practice and innovative service responses in statutory and third sector organisations
Keith Oliver: Kent and Medway Dementia Service User Envoy
Prof. Jan Oyebode: Professor of Dementia care, Bradford Dementia Group
Tessa Gutteridge: Director, YoungDementiaUK
Dr Jacky Hussey: Consultant Psychiatrist and Peter Watson, Chairman
Jenny La Fontaine: Worcestershire Young Onset Dementia Development Officer
Wendy Irons: Team Manager, Medway Social Services, Adult Disability Team
Reinhard Guss /Dr Brett Mertlerkamp: KMPT
Conference Fee - £75.00 (including lunch and refreshments)
(Places will be available free of charge to Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Trust employees – allocated on a first come, first served basis)
To register please download this Registration form.
The full Conference Programme can be found here.