South Cambridgeshire Dementia Action Alliance
About South Cambs DAA
South Cambridgeshire Dementia Action Alliance launched in March 2017.
Thursday 8 June, 8-10am
Girton Green Abbeyfield Home
South Cambridgeshire is one of the five districts in the county of Cambridgeshire, and has an estimated resident population in 2016 of 153,900, of whom 26,900 (19.2%) are 65+.
787 people registered with a GP practice in South Cambridgeshire had a recorded dementia diagnosis in 2014/15.
Data sources: Research Group, Cambridgeshire County Council 2013-based population forecasts. Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC) http://www.hscic.gov.uk/qof
To join this DAA
If you are interested in joining South Cambridgeshire DAA please contact
Hilary Shepherd (Dementia Action Alliance Coordinator)
There are no special requirements to join - you only need to be a business or organisation based in the geographical location of South Cambridgeshire and enthusiastic about improving the lives of people living with dementia. If you're not sure please get in touch, or book a Dementia Friends Information Session for you and your staff/volunteers to find out a little more about dementia.
If you are living with dementia, or you are caring for someone with dementia, we would like to hear from you about what it is like to live in your area when you are affected by dementia. Whenever we can, we want to work on priorities identified directly by people affected by dementia. If you would like to be involved in talking to businesses, raising awareness, attending DAA meetings, or in any other way, please get in touch.
- Age UK Cambridgeshire & Peterborough
- Alzheimer's Society Cambridgeshire & Peterborough
- Bluebird Care (Cambridge and South Cambs)
- Cambridgeshire Constabulary
- Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service
- Cambridgeshire Library Services
- Comberton Surgery
- East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Healthwatch Cambridgeshire
- Histon & Impington Older Person's Team
- Howes Percival
- MyLife Living Assistance
- South Cambridgeshire District Council
- The Bobby Scheme
- The littlington and mordens mobile warden scheme